Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day Fourty

A couple of days ago I watched Transformers 3. It was a typical Michael Bay movie: fields of explosions, amazing CGI, and flying robots. I enjoyed it. One thing that stuck out to me the most was Rosie Huntington. "AHHHHH so fine," was the first thought that popped into my mind when she came out in her skin-tight, white dress. Drooling over Rosie, I thought about beauty. What is beauty? And I honestly feel like, for those people who haven't found love yet, their perspective of beauty is what their surroundings' perspective of beauty is. Huh? I know you might not believe me, but at first I thought Megan Fox wasn't pretty. "How is that possible?", "She is so fine!", "I would do her in a split-second!" I just didn't think she was that pretty. But after months and months of people telling me that Megan Fox was this angel that came down from heaven so nerds can jack-off to a picture of her, I started to think she was hawt. Not hot, but HAWT (extra emphasis on the AWWWWWW). If you think about it, our society has inscribed the idea that coke-bottle figure, perfectly slimmed face, and slender legs is the ideal image of beauty. What if our society agreed that love handles, hairy arms, and bad breathe was sexy? Would we look at Megan Fox and Rosie Huntington and puke?

I feel like a fucking asshole. Recently my cousin got engaged and his girlfriend didn't fit my perspective of beauty, she was probably the farthest thing from my Megan Fox mold of beauty. I actually called my future cousin-in-law gross. What the fuck gives me the right to do that? Wouldn't I be pissed if someone told me that the person I love is gross? Fuck yeah. I know it might be a cliché, but beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. That saying has never been more true to me in my entire life.

-Nahum


No comments:

Post a Comment