Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day Thirty-four

February 22, 2011

So the other day I ate lunch with my parents, it was awesome(All-you-can-eat-shabushabu). We put that place out of business, (= well anyways, when we entered the restaurant this Korean guy (around 25 years old) walks in right after we take our seats. He orders quickly and sets up the soju cups for his friends that haven't arrived yet. So me and my parents are swallowing down shabushabu like it was breathing to us. After we were on our third plate I glanced over at the guy's table and he is still sitting alone, letting his food get cold on the table. He seemed really depressed, drinking shots of soju by himself and licking his chopsticks as if he was ready to dig into the field of gogi in front of him. I felt sorry for him, I really did.
So after we finished our third plate of meat, and around 40 minutes passed by, the guy's friends showed up. He stood up, gave them highfives, and immediately started eating. He was happy. They started talking about fine Korean chicks they met at the movies, the horrible movies they watched with the fine chicks, and just their social-lives. Yeah, I heard all of this cause they were screaming their assholes off; shit, they were the loudest people in the entire restaurant. Just a second ago, the lonely guy didn't say a word except "ShabuShabu combo please.", and now he's spitting out words like he was Eminem.
After my fam ate our fifth plate (yeah we fat, so what?) we payed for our food and left, while the guy was laughing with his friends and enjoying life.
The lonely guy reminded me that life is so much better with friends by your side. It sucks to be alone, what are you going to do when you're alone? Talk to yourself? So for everyone that I didn't talk to, or that I left alone, I'm sorry. I won't leave you alone again.
Sorry again.

-Nahum

No comments:

Post a Comment