Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day Thirty-six

March 26, 2011

So a couple of days ago I decided to eat at MickeyD's. I bought a burger, fries, and a cup for my soda. I walk up to the soda dispenser and this old man and this grandson walk up next to me. I get my Dr. Pepper in my medium-sized cup and this old man is pouring pink lemonade into his water cup. And as soon as the pink liquid landed in his clear cup, the grandson said, "Grandpa, wrong cup!!!" The grandpa, obviously knowing his wrongdoing says, "Oh, really? Okay, I'll get it right next time." The grandpa walked away with free pink lemonade.
This brought me to the question: Why are humans so evil? Do we naturally go against the rule as we age? When we were children, we were innocent: watercup=only water, cheating on a test will lead to dire consequences, inhaling smoke from the smoker next to you is going to kill you. We were little angels, and look at us now. We are probably the best cheaters in the world, I find ways to cheat on tests, and lie to my parents, and skip church, and break rules.
A person came up to me the other day and told me, "You're really immature." I looked at her with one eyebrow up and asked, "How?" She stumbled on her words and said, "You're just are too hyper and active, all the time." That kinda hit me. Really? Am I really immature? When you think of mature do you think of cool, smooth badasses that lean against walls, stay quiet, and break the rules? So just cause I follow the rules, does that make me immature? Okay. Have fun growing up, I'm cool just the way I am. Apparently I'm a fucking kid.

-Nahum

No comments:

Post a Comment