Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day Nine

March 29, 2010

Yesterday I went to Knotts Berry Farm. WOOHOO right? WRONG!!! I went with a volunteering center I work at every Saturday. So a bunch of volunteers and disabled children went to go have a nice little time at the amusement park. When we got dropped off there was no problem. We said, "Don't worry!" to all of the students' parents, we ate some delicious bbang, and we got put into groups, we had a good laugh when one of the guy volunteers went into the girl's bathroom. Everything was handydandy, until we went through the entrance gate. So I was put into a group of four volunteers, three students, and one teacher. I thought it was okay, but I slowly found out that we had the HARDEST group. Our students couldn't ride ANYTHING! In the ENTIRE park my student rode a merry go round and this swing thing. He cried after both. And the other students in my group rode the merry go round and the train. They cried before, during, and after EVERY SINGLE ride. My kid REFUSED to ride the train, the airplane, the boat, the ferris wheel, the race car, the slow log ride, the horse, nor the carriage. Whenever we would walk into the entrance of a ride, my student will scream, "NO!!! X!!! TRY AGAIN!!!" I would hold him tight so he wouldn't get away, and then he would do a nice like criss-cross -applesauce stance and start BANGING his head on the hard concrete floor while screaming. That probably happened 54835893535403 times during the "fun day". We then ate, well if you consider students throwing around food, then we ate a FEAST FIT FOR TWENTY KINGS! So from 9 AM to 4 PM, I probably had the TIME OF MY LIFE! weeoo.
After the hectic journey i was so tired that i knocked out when i saw the first sight of my lovely bed. Slept from 5 PM to 6 AM of the next day. A GOOD OL' 13 HOURS! WEEOO!

-Nahum

No comments:

Post a Comment